BooksAreLikeDrugs

Books Are Like Drugs

I love to read paranormal books, romance and dystopian books. I work with medications issues all day and like to read books that get me away from the real world.

Angel's Ink
Jocelynn Drake
Magick Rising
Parker Blue, Jodi Anderson, P.J. Bishop, Karen Fox, Evelyn Vaughn, Laura Hayden
Demon Chained (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #5) - Erica Hayes Provided with a copy of this for my review. Not real sure what to think about this after reading it. A story of a romance between a corpse and a djinni. The author makes a disclaimer at the beginning that if you might be grossed out by romancing a corpse this might not be the book for you. I think she was right. I can handle some corpse things, ghouls, zombies, etc. However, the imagery was quite graphic and frankly gross sometimes. I think that it may say a lot (in a good way) about the author's way with words, imagination and writing style that the imagery was so clear to my mind that I could barely read on in a few parts. I appreciated that imagination during some of the steamier scenes though!That being said, the story was okay. The romance felt kind of scattered and forced sometimes. It was not a quick read for me, but not a waste of time to read the book. I may read another book of hers to see if other characters don't freak me out so much!