BooksAreLikeDrugs

Books Are Like Drugs

I love to read paranormal books, romance and dystopian books. I work with medications issues all day and like to read books that get me away from the real world.

Angel's Ink
Jocelynn Drake
Magick Rising
Parker Blue, Jodi Anderson, P.J. Bishop, Karen Fox, Evelyn Vaughn, Laura Hayden
Bound By Moonlight - Nancy Gideon This book was won from goodreads. Thanks so much!4.5 starsThis is the fourth book in this series by Nancy Gideon. I have not read the first 3. However, I do not really feel that this put me at a huge disadvantage. I never really felt lost because things that happened in the previous books were explained well enough. The only thing that I would have liked a better description of was Max's wolf. This book has the couple going public with their romance. She is a homicide detective and he is a mob boss/werewolf/guy with a foot fetish. They both have some serious past baggage. His due to his mother's murder and hers due to a kidnapping/torture when she was a teenager. She is getting a lot of flack from the other cops for their relationship, including from her partner. The fact that this partner is married to a shifter and step father to a shifter child gives him some serious angst. Max and CeeCee begin to grow apart a little. This is the backstory.The plot involves murders of young hookers in New Orleans, my favorite place on earth. CeeCee goes undercover to catch the killer when they find out the daughter of a fellow cop my be his next victim. More relationship angst ensues since she is deep undercover with her partner, who Max thinks she had a relationship with preciously. They finally find the killer, which was pretty much a surprise. I always like that in a book.I really enjoyed this book. It was a very fast read and enjoyable. I will read the others in the series now for sure and will be following Nancy Gideon.